Maldives trip 2022
Join the Sub Sea Adventures Tribe as we head off to the Maldives to explore the Northern Atols. We are going looking for Mantas, Whales Sharks, Turtles and much, much more.
We have chartered the M/Y Blue Voyager, a 26 berth vessle to be our home for the 10 night trip. We will join her on the 21st September in Male. We head north, finishing the trip at Hanimaadhoo where we will retern to Male by an internal flight. We plan to cruise and dive through the atolls of Raa, Baa, Lhaviyani, Noonu, Shaviyani, Haa Dhaalu and Haa Alifu.
Please note: The itinerary below is an example only and is subject to change depending on local regulations, guests' experience, flight schedules, weather & logistics and is at the Captain's discretion.
The diving day has a typical schedule as follows:-
06:30 - Tea, coffee and biscuits
07:00 - Dive 1 followed by full breakfast
11:00 - Dive 2 followed by lunch
15:00 - Dive 3 followed by homemade cakes and snacks
19:30 - Dinner
Excellent channel diving in the north with sites closely located together. Lhaviyani Atoll hosts some of the Maldives wreck diving opportunities, including the two coral encrusted wrecks at 'The Shipyard' and the exhilarating drift dive of the Kuredu Express. A site for the more experienced diver.
Raa and Noonu Atolls
Here the islands and reef systems are closer together and double chained, changing the underwater topography and offering shallower reefs, soft corals with spectacular drift dives.
Notable dives sites include…
- Alifushi and Ifaaru (on the North West of Raa): mantas!!!
- The seven kings: a stunning labyrinth filled with fish life and pristine hard and soft corals.
- Long ridge at Noonu Atoll: classic shark cleaning station.
- Queen's rock: beautiful xmas tree thila.
Haa Alifu, Haa Daalhu and Shaviyani
These atolls are the oldest of the Maldives archipelago and form a single chain of widely spaced islands that clear deep blue water, small thilas packed with fish life, undercut ledges with excellent corals and beautiful white sand floors. Notable dive sites include:
- Thakan: a deep ridge adorned with soft coral and excellent shark spotting opportunities.
- Fssp: a shark cleaning station with huge schools of batfish, trevally and eagle rays.
- Pink Canyon and Heaven and Hell: have stunning soft corals for excellent wide angle photography.
- The wreck of Captain Pentalis: resting on a shallow reef, this wreck is home to an astonishing amount of fish life and every afternoon pods of common dolphin are often seen passing by.
- Magic Mushroom: miraculous macro life and a stunning night dive.
- Island Hideaway: mantas…
- Moroshi Thila and Handi Thila: provide action packed dives with sharks, fish life and excellent corals.
For more information on booking please contact us on email@example.com